Welcome to fishingreelinfo

Your one stop for budget reel info

Saturday 12 September 2015

Okuma safina SNa-30M


  • Gear ratio: 5.0:1
  • 1 ball bearing drive system
  • Capacity: LBS/YDS 2/350 4/180 6/110
  • Capacity: mm-M 0.12-320 0.15-210 0.18-150
  • RRP: £34.99
  • Weight: 229g
  • Front drag
What's good:
  1. Line lay
  2. Price
  3. Lightweight
What's bad:
  1. No spare spool
Many places advertise this reel and its bigger counterparts as spinning reels, but I personally think that with only 1bb they may not be quite smooth enough or stand up to the constant casting and retrieving.
With that in mind I loaded the reel up with 4lb line, and paired it up with a 9ft Shakespeare mach 2 wand. I use this for light bomb tactics for shy bites during the colder months.
This setup is nicely balanced and although I use it to target small fish, I'm sure that the reel could handle any bonus larger fish that come along.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment