Welcome to fishingreelinfo

Your one stop for budget reel info

Sunday 27 September 2015

Leeda Assassin RD30


  • 9 ball bearings
  • Gear ratio 5.2:1
  • Machine balanced double handle
  • 1 spare spool
  • Weight: 377g
  • Capacity: lbs/yds 4/240 6/185 8/142
  • Capacity: mm-M 0.16-220 0.18-170 0.20-130
  • Rear drag
  • RRP:£29.99
What's good:

  1. Very smooth
  2. Price
  3. Good drag

What's bad:

  1. Line lay could be better
  2. Graphite spare spool
  3. Not readily available
I like this reel despite its slightly poor line lay. It was the first reel that I used for trotting on a small stretch of river, close to where I now live. 
It was a freezing cold February day a couple of years ago, and my first proper taste of river fishing. I spent the morning trotting with maggots and caught several Chub to about 4lb.
Since then I have really enjoyed river fishing and now look forward to fishing rivers during the winter.
Back to the reel;  on that day it took both the weather, and the fish in its stride with no issues.
I may be a bit sentimental with this reel but it is a good little reel, perfectly fine for float/feeder work or even light spinning.


No comments:

Post a Comment