Welcome to fishingreelinfo

Your one stop for budget reel info

Sunday 11 October 2015

Browning Ambition FD340


  • 2+1 bearings
  • Gear ratio 5.1:1
  • Spare spool
  • Weight:381g
  • Retrieve:76cm
  • Capacity:mm-M 0.25-280
  • Front drag
  • RRP:£24.99
What's good:
  1. Price
  2. Line lay
  3. Smooth drag

What's bad:
  1. Plastic spare spool
  2. Fading cosmetics
If I'm honest I am little bit disappointed with this reel.  After only a couple of years of what I would say is medium use on a feeder rod, the cosmetics of the reel have faded and the paintwork in places has chipped.
It may be me being a bit fussy, but I have reels that I've owned for longer that were cheaper, and still look as good as the day I bought them.
Otherwise the reel is OK. The line lay is fine, the front drag is fine, it's nice and smooth, and when it was new it looked good!
As I said before I may be a bit fussy, but I would expect that a reel from a company such as Browning, (despite its low price) would be a bit better quality wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment